4 Effective Ways of using Microlearning in Businesses
In today’s fast-paced business world, Microlearning has emerged as a powerful tool for effective and efficient employee training and development.
Microlearning involves delivering learning content in small, digestible chunks, making it ideal for busy professionals who have limited time for traditional training programmes.
This article explores four effective ways businesses can leverage microlearning to drive success.
1. Sales Enablement:
- Sales teams that are distributed across geographies face the challenge of staying updated on new products, product updates, offers, and marketing collaterals.
- Microlearning can help sales teams access standardised marketing materials at their fingertips, allowing them to deliver consistent and effective sales pitches.
- Microlearning modules can also provide quick refresher courses on product features and benefits, helping sales teams stay sharp and knowledgeable.
2. Distributed Workforce Engagement:
- Businesses with remote, distributed, or mobile workforces, such as delivery partners or drivers, often face the challenge of keeping employees engaged and informed.
- Microlearning can be used to deliver training on changing company policies, best practises, and regular behavioural training in a convenient and accessible manner.
- Microlearning modules can be accessed on any device, allowing employees to learn at their own pace and on their own schedules.
- Regular assessments can be conducted to ensure that employees have understood and retained the information.
3. Customer Education:
- Managing customer education for a suite of products with a large customer base can be a daunting task.
- Microlearning can be used to keep customers and their users updated on new products, updates, and features.
- Short-duration micro-courses and programmes can enable customers to master products and features quickly and easily.
- Certification and credentialing programmes can also be offered to customers to demonstrate their proficiency and expertise.
4. Compliance Training:
- Compliance training is essential for businesses to ensure that employees understand and adhere to regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Microlearning can help organisations provide simple and easy-to-use training experiences for employees, making it more likely that they will complete their mandatory training.
- Detailed reports and analytics can track and monitor completions, while nudges and reminders can be sent to employees to encourage them to finish their training on time.
Microlearning has become an indispensable tool for businesses looking to provide effective and engaging training and development opportunities for their employees and customers. By delivering learning content in small, digestible chunks, microlearning enables busy professionals to learn at their own pace and on their own schedules.
This article has highlighted four key ways businesses can leverage microlearning to drive success: sales enablement, distributed workforce engagement, customer education, and compliance training. As microlearning continues to evolve and gain popularity, businesses that embrace this innovative approach will be well-positioned to thrive in a rapidly changing and competitive world.